Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  CHT problem Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

CHT problem  This thread currently has 711 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
E.J.
September 27, 2005, 12:45pm Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Time Online: 2 days 20 hours 53 minutes
I have a dual CHT Westach which only works on one side (one cylinder).  It was purchased new, but sat around in its box for several years before I installed it.  I've switched probes and the problem still exits.  Anyone have experience with these babies?  Or tried to find someone who fixes them?

E.J.
Central IL
Eros Flyer
Logged Offline
Private Message
C-IEBF
September 27, 2005, 12:47pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
When you switched probes did the problem stay on the same side, or switch sides?
E-mail Reply: 1 - 5
E.J.
September 27, 2005, 1:00pm Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Time Online: 2 days 20 hours 53 minutes
It stayed on the same side.

E.J.
Central IL
Eros Flyer
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
Harless Greear
September 27, 2005, 10:01pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 35 days 14 hours 19 minutes
Ed, I don't have Westach but the dual guage I have did hook up kind of odd I thought.. The Wires didn't connect, the left probe on the left lugs and the other on the right, instead one connected to the two top lugs and the other to the two bottom ones..Try it and see, it will either work or not, it won't hurt anything..

HARLESS in Va.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 5
Bob Hoskins
September 29, 2005, 12:54am Report to Moderator

Fly Safe
Ace
Time Online: 38 days 16 hours 39 minutes
Hi Ed;
I bought the same thing you have and one side read much lower that the other. I swaped probes and it was the gauge. It was brand new. I sent it back to them for repair. It came back and both sides were DEAD. I sent it back and they gave me a new one. A bad gauge, but they took good care of me. The company has changed hands. The new owner is Pete Cornelius. If you call and ask for him, he will answer your call.
Hope this helps, Bob Hoskins

Fly safe and have fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
Bat Cave Dave
September 29, 2005, 11:14am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Ed,

I've also sent guages back to Westach. I always talked with Pete and they have always come through.

Dave
E-mail Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment