Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    BBS Related Board    BBS Related news and announcements  ›  Please use this section to report problems
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Please use this section to report problems  This thread currently has 3,476 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Headbuzz
September 25, 2005, 8:33pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Time Online: 1414 days 13 hours 18 minutes
Please post  any issues you may be having with the board. This is the only way I will be able to track these issues and hopefully mitigate any problems. If all else fails and you can't post here please send me a personal e-mail.

Thanks,

Alan
Logged Online
Private Message
Kevin
June 18, 2016, 1:27pm Report to Moderator
Wing Man
Time Online: 4 days 1 hours 55 minutes
Forgot password system works but after logging in I tried to change the new password and was locked out! My newly entered password was not working and my old password of course stopped working. Another round with the Forgot password cycle got me logged in.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
Headbuzz
June 20, 2016, 2:37pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Time Online: 1414 days 13 hours 18 minutes
There seems to be a bug there but it's one that's been tough to figure out. One thing to remember is if you create your own password it has to be limited to 8 characters.
It also seems to work best if using the login at the top of the page instead of the login button under the logo banner. Some of the issues are also related to how different browser software on the clients side caches data.

The software has been unsupported now for some time and at some point I will have to go to a more modern (and supported) application.

Thanks for the heads up Kevin.
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
TreeTopsTom
September 1, 2017, 2:29am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 26 days 13 hours 37 minutes
Alan, I have noticed (in say the last 4 to 6 months, That when I start to type in my user name and password a message is displayed that says a warning about "this is an insecure page and login is not secure..." Something to that effect. Further investigation tells of the fact that there should be a green lock icon and/or the https in the URL address bar. But when I go to the login page or begine to type user name & PW I see there is a RED color lock Icon with a line crossed through it. This is with mozilla firefox browser and the "click here for more information" button informs me to contact the administrator of the site to resolve the issue OR sign in at my own risk... That hackers (could) steal my password... Only use a password that is NOT used for any other highly sensitive use like credit cards...
Just wondering if this is just a problem I am having or why no one else seems to have mentioned this?
Also is it possible this is happening because I am not using the most up to date version of the browser?
Just thought I would mention/ask to see if you had any insight about this issue.    TTT

EDIT: Further reading says..."the owner of this web site has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, firefox has not connected to this web site"
I have to imagine possibly this is all about the fact that your web site does not and is not designed for anyone to be transmitting anything that would expose their personal information (bank codes or PW's...)
I cannot say if I have noticed this on other (not high security sites) like say EAA site or Homebuilders site...  Because I have been ignoring this for the most part as I realize none of anything I am doing on these sites is of security/privacy concerns.
I guess I was just wondering if this was something that was happening because I use an older version of the browser OR if something new has happened either with your site or the web security in general.
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    BBS Related Board    BBS Related news and announcements  ›  Please use this section to report problems

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment