Print Topic - Archive

ETLB Squawk Forums  /  Flying Stories  /  Monday evening recon mission
Posted by: BlueMax, October 28, 2008, 1:01am
I went out on a recon mission over the western front tonight to gather info on the enemy entrenchments. Flying high (1000ft agl) I skillfully avoided their small arms fire and snapped photos of their maze-like trenches designed to confuse allied ground troops.

Cold but happy pilot

Eagle1
aka Chris
Posted by: Avenger, October 28, 2008, 2:33am; Reply: 1
Was sort of good seeing a young man get out of a plane looking and moving like an old man.  Did this old man good anyway.  Took Chris a while to stop shaking from the cold but am glad he found the enemy troops and gave us a heads up
Posted by: fiebichpv, October 28, 2008, 2:50am; Reply: 2
Thanks for verifying that the skies are clear Chris, makes the rest of us feel a little more comfortable when we go up over enemy territory.  All the big commercial planes have stick shakers to notify the pilots of an impending stall, you have a biological stick shaker to let you know when hypothermia is setting in.  I just came home from a meeting in west Wichita on my motorcycle and it is colder than a well drillers butt out there.

Paul Fiebich
Posted by: DH1100, October 28, 2008, 12:23pm; Reply: 3
Looks like it would take quite a while to get through those mazes, Chris! Luckily, you can print your pictures for a "cheat sheet"!!!

Did you see the pics a few weeks ago of the corn maze I found? I took my daughter to it (first time I had ever been to one) and insisted that we try it first without the picture. Twenty minutes later we were hopelessly lost and out came the aerial photo. We might have still been there otherwise! Lots of fun!!!
Posted by: Avenger, October 30, 2008, 8:00pm; Reply: 4
Can someone get in touch with George I am headed back to Lyndon to fly with Ray again on Sat and if he can go or wants to it would cost less for gas.  He can call me or get in touch here.  316-648-2885 is my cell. Ray said we could tag team him and get 2 hours each.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 10:57pm