Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  how much are Moser CB-40 engines worth? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
lake_harley and 10 Guests

how much are Moser CB-40 engines worth?  This thread currently has 109 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kfb
February 14, 2024, 9:36pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 13 hours 10 minutes
Hi
I am looking to try to get opinions of value for a barn find I came across today to see if it is worth my while getting them.
The find:
two complete, apart, new, Mosler CB-40 engines, I refer to them as kit engines.  I’ve have had pretty much every half vw style variation, the last one I had being a CB-40.  I like this pancake twin category of engines and so apparently do others as half vw styles are getting harder and harder to find in the ever changing general aviation categories of EAB, U/L, LSA which is part of the reason for the growing interest in V-twin engines.  So what I am trying to determine is the value of this barn find in today’s world.  I am on the net all the time looking at this stuff but that only establishes my opinion of value.  If possible, I would like to hear others’ opinions of value for these two engine kits, both as is, and also once built.  
Thank you in advance for taking the time to give me your thoughts

Kim Brown
Logged Offline
Private Message
flydog
February 15, 2024, 9:25pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 50 days 37 minutes
Gosh I have no idea.
The smart alek response would be "whatever someone is willing to pay".
Which I might guess is not much? I mean, look at what flying or projects are going for. Much less than the builder spent on them. I also think most people want a 2 stroke for some crazy reason. Lot of people look down there nose upon VW engines. And how many times have you seen a plane offered at a smokin hot deal and you see responses like, "if only I wernt so far away". Meaning, tire kickers/not serious buyers.How many buyers might be in near by driving distance to you?
Not much help, just tossing in my thoughts.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  how much are Moser CB-40 engines worth?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment