Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  research post and photos Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

research post and photos  This thread currently has 190 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
aubert
May 29, 2022, 7:22am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 3 hours 26 minutes
Hello
Despite the search engine, I can't find it!
I'm looking for a old post where you can see photos of modified flight controls (without push-pull controls cables) but with a central control horn and 2 control bellcranks on each side of the fuselage behind the seat back.
I found the drawing quite effective but one of you had noticed a big problem with the alignment of the control rods which could lead to the flight controls blockage.
I would like to see these photos again to study the problem.
thanks a lot for your help
Dominique from France
http: da01ulm.free.fr
Logged Offline
Private Message
MathYou
May 29, 2022, 7:53am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 3 hours 18 minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
aubert
May 29, 2022, 8:45am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Hi,
Exactly, wonderfull, thank you very much for your very quick response.
Good sunday
Dominique
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
beragoobruce
May 30, 2022, 1:41am Report to Moderator
Built an Eros - now I'm flying it!
Ace
Time Online: 19 days 11 hours 6 minutes
Bonjour Dominique, ca va?

I am the guy who designed & built that system.  It worked perfectly in flight - very direct, light & smooth.

There used to be a person on this site who had strong opinions which  weren't always correct. He was the guy who pointed out "problems" with my system which were non existent. Read the thread.

If you are interested in other modifications I made, see this post:
http://www.lonesomebuzzards.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1409444380/s-270/    In particular, the penultimate post, #287.

Bon chance avec votre construction.

Bruce
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
aubert
May 30, 2022, 5:34am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Hello Bruce, hello everyone
Thank you for your message, I will reread and better understand (translate) all that.
For "Cassoar" after designing a personal mixer system which was  too flexible for my taste, I finally adopted a drawing close to that of the CH 750,and probably badly copied
http://da01ulm.free.fr/commands/commands.htm
But I'm just a poor designer !
The design has been checked with a 20° movement of the stick on each side in aileron which is more than enough and everything works perfectly. After about 25° the stick is blocked by my knees.
Cassowary is now at the aerodrome and when I went back up everything, I realized that without a pilot on board so with the handle well beyond 25° I could reach the blocking of the controls as described in the message in question!!! . Even if it can in no way happen with the pilot on board, I find this situation unacceptable.
I'm going to redraw all and try to understand what's wrong before changes the general design or at least (more easy) put stops on the joystick so  not  exceed 15 or 20° in roll
Amicalement
Dominique  and Google translate  !!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment