Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    Flying Stories  ›  End of the 60's !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

End of the 60's !  This thread currently has 228 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
fiebichpv
January 19, 2022, 1:36am Report to Moderator

A/B Plans #112 has 1008 hours as of 02-09-2015
Ace
Time Online: 36 days 13 hours 14 minutes
The 60's are gone!

The temperature 60's that is. Today in South Central Kansas we hit 60 degrees with a 4 MPH southerly wind. That information translates into "lets go flying." During the next two weeks, the temps will be in the 20's to the 50's. My flight to Oxford, Kansas was about 30 minutes going and 20 minutes returning. The wind at 1000 feet was greater than that at ground level. My tablet shows 79 MPH! And no, I did not get a nosebleed at that speed but it is nice to know that the wings did not come off!

The photos provide an idea of what our winter monotone landscape looks like. Even the Arkansas River, which typically reflects the sky color, had no color today. Total flight time was a bit over an hour, during that time the temperature dropped to 50 degrees as a cold front and its choppy wind enveloped me. 

My landing was rock solid, dead on perfect, and as smooth as a baby's bottom. Unfortunately, there was no one there to see or score it! Oh well, it felt good to make a landing like that.Hope you enjoy the photos.

Paul D. Fiebich

Attachment: arkansas_river_over_cowl_etlb__2760.jpg
Size: 41.91 KB

Attachment: cockpit_side_view__etlb__8450.jpg
Size: 56.51 KB

Attachment: 79_mph_etlb__496.jpg
Size: 66.35 KB

Attachment: monotone_agriculture__7164.jpg
Size: 50.11 KB

Attachment: canada_geese_etlb___5160.jpg
Size: 19.97 KB

Attachment: flight_ground_track_etlb___8202.jpg
Size: 66.47 KB

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
aeronut
January 19, 2022, 12:21pm Report to Moderator

blue sky and tail winds to everyone
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 22 hours 31 minutes
Good for you Paul. Gretting a little stick time amd air under your feet is a good thing to do.

never surrender; never give-up
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
Keith103
February 9, 2022, 12:52am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 13 days 6 hours 31 minutes
Paul, thanks for the many pictures and actual accounts of flying the Airbike. Truly motivational content for other pilots on the forum. Do keep posting. Even though not many people comment on these, I am sure these narratives / reports are read with keen interest by most members.  Thanks again.
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    Flying Stories  ›  End of the 60's !

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment