Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Fuselage layout Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Fuselage layout  This thread currently has 225 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
sbank1957
January 2, 2019, 2:06am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 9 hours 25 minutes
Hi all, in reading the fuselage part in my plans I see where they say to build the second side of the fuselage on top of the first side, I have heard of people doing it this way but it seems to me that it would be easier to build the first side and out line the whole thing in pencil and build the second side on this, is there any reason why this wouldn't work? oh yeah, Lynn if you see this, thank you for the reply on the bottom longeron question, it made since but at the time I didn't see how to reply
Logged Offline
Private Message
gyrojeffro
January 2, 2019, 2:28am Report to Moderator
Guest User
your fuselage sides will be exactly the same, so its ok to use the same jig for both sides

Attachment: img_20180621_220928574_1689_8183.jpg
Size: 144.93 KB

E-mail Reply: 1 - 5
sbank1957
January 2, 2019, 2:38am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 9 hours 25 minutes
Thank you and btw, very impressed by your build log
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
cdlwingnut
January 2, 2019, 6:32pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 3 days 22 hours 22 minutes
the plans for the piet also say build the halve on top of each other but i pulled one side out and then used the same jig for the other, the halves came out exactly the same which is what you want
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 5
lake_harley
January 2, 2019, 11:24pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 25 days 8 hours 20 minutes
sbank1957.....You're welcome.

Regarding building one side on top of the other, that's how I did mine. The photo below shows the clamps made from short lengths of PVC pipe that I used. I read about them and saw them on some builder's website and they did work very well. Keeps things nicely in line. When this was all clamped up I had a few clamps left, but as you can see I used about everything I had that even looked like a clamp.

Lynn

Attachment: 2nd_fuselage_side_glued_697.jpg
Size: 406.28 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
lake_harley
January 2, 2019, 11:26pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 25 days 8 hours 20 minutes
Here's another photo that might show the PVC clamps a bit better. BTW....the little black "binder" clamps are really quick and handy to use.

Lynn

Attachment: 2nd_fuselage_side_glued__2__2869.jpg
Size: 482.56 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment