Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    Flying Stories  ›  Monday evening recon mission
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Monday evening recon mission  This thread currently has 634 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BlueMax
October 28, 2008, 1:01am Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 29 minutes
I went out on a recon mission over the western front tonight to gather info on the enemy entrenchments. Flying high (1000ft agl) I skillfully avoided their small arms fire and snapped photos of their maze-like trenches designed to confuse allied ground troops.

Cold but happy pilot

Eagle1
aka Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Avenger
October 28, 2008, 2:33am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 47 days 8 hours 2 minutes
Was sort of good seeing a young man get out of a plane looking and moving like an old man.  Did this old man good anyway.  Took Chris a while to stop shaking from the cold but am glad he found the enemy troops and gave us a heads up

The light at the end of the tunnel has been sold to China, if you need the light at the end of the tunnel please send 100 Yen.
Logged Offline
Private Message YIM Reply: 1 - 4
fiebichpv
October 28, 2008, 2:50am Report to Moderator

A/B Plans #112 has 1008 hours as of 02-09-2015
Ace
Time Online: 36 days 13 hours 14 minutes
Thanks for verifying that the skies are clear Chris, makes the rest of us feel a little more comfortable when we go up over enemy territory.  All the big commercial planes have stick shakers to notify the pilots of an impending stall, you have a biological stick shaker to let you know when hypothermia is setting in.  I just came home from a meeting in west Wichita on my motorcycle and it is colder than a well drillers butt out there.

Paul Fiebich
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
DH1100
October 28, 2008, 12:23pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Looks like it would take quite a while to get through those mazes, Chris! Luckily, you can print your pictures for a "cheat sheet"!!!

Did you see the pics a few weeks ago of the corn maze I found? I took my daughter to it (first time I had ever been to one) and insisted that we try it first without the picture. Twenty minutes later we were hopelessly lost and out came the aerial photo. We might have still been there otherwise! Lots of fun!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
Avenger
October 30, 2008, 8:00pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 47 days 8 hours 2 minutes
Can someone get in touch with George I am headed back to Lyndon to fly with Ray again on Sat and if he can go or wants to it would cost less for gas.  He can call me or get in touch here.  316-648-2885 is my cell. Ray said we could tag team him and get 2 hours each.

The light at the end of the tunnel has been sold to China, if you need the light at the end of the tunnel please send 100 Yen.
Logged Offline
Private Message YIM Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    Flying Stories  ›  Monday evening recon mission

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment