Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    Flying Stories  ›  Smokin' Eagle
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Smokin' Eagle  This thread currently has 556 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BlueMax
October 25, 2008, 2:37am Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 29 minutes
My smoke system on my Legal Eagle is fully opperational! the only issue being that I burned through a gallon of diesel in 3 passes! I will have to resetrict the flow of the diesel through the injector in the muffler.

here is a link to some video of my first smoke pass, normally make my passes a little lower but as it was the first aerial test of the system I wanted a little extra altitude just in cas it abnormally affected the engine.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6175784432445972820&hl=en

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Avenger
October 25, 2008, 3:12am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 47 days 8 hours 2 minutes
was a blast seeing you guys smoke the field.  The advice I got tonight got my tail wheel up in the air and gave me a boost of confidence.  One more small step in the ladder to the air.

The light at the end of the tunnel has been sold to China, if you need the light at the end of the tunnel please send 100 Yen.
Logged Offline
Private Message YIM Reply: 1 - 3
RB861
October 25, 2008, 4:41am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 2 hours 5 minutes
Pretty cool.  Does it leave a residue on the plane?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
BlueMax
October 25, 2008, 1:02pm Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 29 minutes
Doug,
As far as I can tell it is not leaving any residue on the plane however I will continue to monitor for this on my next couple of passes.

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment